Developing Reversal as Neg

Hey, a teacher of mine has schot on s-16 reversal and developed as negative to achieve a bleach bypass kind of look, what i was wondering is whether there would be extra charge for this kind of processing as i was thinking of shooting on reversal in my next project

wondering is whether there would be extra charge for this kind of processing

The best way to get an answer to this question is to ask the lab you plan to use.

Almost certainly the answer would be yes, an extra charge. this might be per foot, or it might be a one-off surcharge per batch sent to the lab. It's to cover the extra handling (they will probably process the reversal material separately form regular work) and the possibility of having to correct their chemistry afterwards (see below).

The lab should also tell you that (i) running reversal through their neg chemistry will contaminate the bath, and they will only accept smallish quantities of it. And (ii) the negative process doesn't include a dye stabiliser which is necessary for the reversal process - and so they won't guarantee the longevity of the negative after processing. I've not seen any problems in this regard myself, but you might find a colour shift in the material after a few months.

Cross processing reversal as negative gives something that is only vaguely similar to bleach-bypass: you get increased colour saturation as well as increased contrast (whereas bleach bypass reduces the colour saturation quite dramatically).