short film

Guest piyush sharma

Guest piyush sharma

i am shooting my first short film using HDRFX1E .it's a human story with child as main protagonist .something like cinema paradiso .i donnot have option of using any additional lense. just have to play around with whatever exist on camera . most of the shooting will be in day with one or two night scenes.

i am wondering if u can help me with camera setting i should keep to make it look close to film. things like what setting i should keep for cineframe or other settings.i dunno but we want to give our film very european feel and not like typical indian movie with too many greys.i guess i made my self understand clearly .

regards piyush

well, if you have access to the camera why don't you just shoot some tests? sharpness down, cinegamma on, skin dtl off, cineframe 25 or off (deinterlace in post), will be a good start. then you can experiment with exposure as well as color and white balance offsets until you get what you want. avoid overexposure at all cost or you'll never get the film look.

btw europeans think european films are grey while indian ones are really colorful, so i'm not sure what you're talking about. ;-)

/matt

Guest piyush sharma

btw europeans think european films are grey while indian ones are really colorful, so i'm not sure what you're talking about. ;-)

yaa they are too colourful.i am fade up with so many colours . like one german friend just like india becuase its too chaoutic while germany is too organiezed and everything is planned. i like otherwise.

ok, the color thing is mainly art direction. let people wear grey shirts instead of orange and purple, and put a cross in the background rather than an elephant god and you're set. :-) i'm joking but i'm also dead serious.

other things you can do is to use more back and cross lighting, which tends to desaturate an image. one last thing is to desaturate the image in camera or post, but imo that's an overused effect that doesn't really do what people think.

/matt

Guest piyush sharma

I AM ALOS WONDERING MAC IF U EVER USED SOFTWARES LIKE PREMIERE PRO FOR EDITING hd footage .i tried to use it without "cineformAspect HD" i was not able to view the footage in fit mode .it always use to preview in 100% and image use to be so big that i was having problem viewing it. but once i installed ASPECT HD . it shown me footage in fit mode and it was palying decently.have u ever used any such plugin . i realy need loads of information about how to edit HD FOOTAGE and export it to dvd.any link ?

regards

piyush