Question about international transfer applicants

Hi,

I intent to start studying in U.S.A, but I have already enrolled in two different colleges in my country (one year each). Problem is, that I had applied to these schools only to profit from various benefits, like free health insurance etc., because here, college doesn't cost nothing. I had never visited any lectures and hadn't passed single exam, since I had never intented to really study here in Slovenia.

So, now I can't apply to, say UCLA, as a freshmen but have to apply as a transfer student? That would pretty much suck, since my GPA from college is 0 :lol:

Do you think I can still apply as a Freshmen, adding note to application about my situation (that rhymes).

Edited by Gustaf Kirbic

OK, let me rephrase the question:

Are there any U.S.A. filmmaking colleges or colleges at all, which don't care about student's college and high-school history and are satisfied with high SAT score?

Maybe I'm asking stupid questions, because I'm not familiar with U.S.A educational system.

Edited by Gustaf Kirbic

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I intent to start studying in U.S.A, but I have already enrolled in two different colleges in my country (one year each). Problem is, that I had applied to these schools only to profit from various benefits, like free health insurance etc., because here, college doesn't cost nothing. I had never visited any lectures and hadn't passed single exam, since I had never intented to really study here in Slovenia.

So, now I can't apply to, say UCLA, as a freshmen but have to apply as a transfer student? That would pretty much suck, since my GPA from college is 0 :lol:

Do you think I can still apply as a Freshmen, adding note to application about my situation (that rhymes).

If you have not received any credit whatsoever, I would apply as a freshman, and just wipe the slate clean. Similar comparable situations in the US would be a student who flunked a semester or two at community college, and opts to apply as a freshman rather than a transfer student. If you have not a single credit, I don't think it's a problem, since you wouldn't be able to "transfer" any credits.

As for whether there are any American universities without any guidelines for admission, I couldn't say. However, I wouldn't really want to find out, either. The whole point of higher education is to receive quality instruction. I would hesitate over a school which would admit any student.

Good luck!