New Reel

Guest Christopher Wedding

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys, I'm trying to finalize a new reel and would like to hear some feedback if you have a minute.

I had to post on Myspace for the moment, but I'll be getting a new page soon. Thanks for watching.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=1341419522

Best,

Chris

Hey,

it feels repetitive, and it also feels like a short film without sound.

Mix up the shots a bit. If you want to make a montage of the shorts you did together, you might want to just offer them on your DVD in whole, and cut the best bits together, including your videos and makes a 1minute or under demo reel.

Lots of good stuff in there, good night exteriors, good image quality. You just have to be ruthless about cutting it down a little. The long shot of the woman walking down the hallway is really nice; it really displays your ability to light and execute a complex shot, but then we're back in the same hallway w/ the same woman about a minute later in the reel. Also, the stuff w/ the high school kids didn't seem to add much, except for the 360 degree steadi-cam shot. All in all though, it's quite well done. I hope we're not applying for the same gigs!

Best,

JwR

Chris,

I liked the reel. I think it has a good balance of all the necessary things - day and night interiors, night exteriors, etc. Also, I think it shows a good range of your lighting skills, particularly the night exteriors. I too would be interested in your compression settings, as this looks very good for an online file. My new reel is quite long too, and I used different songs to break up the pacing of the reel (in addition to cutting style). I think this might also help to alter the feel of the reel as it does move slowly. All in all, a nice reel. Good luck and keep shooting!