Arri B/Nikon adapters on the way from Les Bosher

Zachary Vex

I shot 4 rolls of documentary footage (local rock band on the rise) with the lens that came with my Aaton LTR-7 (Angenieux 15-150) and felt that all of it was a bit soft, even when very carefully focused. I hope that primes make a difference... does anyone know of any issues with the adaptors I should be aware of?

BTW, for anyone interested, here are Les' current prices including shipping:

Aaton - Arri Bayonet ( lever lock ) GBP180.00

Aaton - Nikon GBP150.00

Thanks in advance!

Zack

Guest Ian Marks

I have both an Aaton to Arri Bayonet and Aaton to Nikon adapter. They were purchased used from different sellers. The first one may be a Bosher - I'm just not sure - and I think the second might be an original Aaton item. Both are beautifully made. I paid considerably less than the prices you mentioned, but then again, they were used. I've managed to put a nice little Aaton lens kit together, but have yet to buy the camera, so I can't tell you much about these adapters in operation, but from my experience with similar adapters on a CP16R, there should be no issues.

You should have the collimation checked on your lens, camera and camera viewfinder to make sure that they are all in spec. When you get your adapters you should check them with any lenses you plan to use with them. I've seen these things be WAY off.