Shooting a short

I'm a student and my mates and I want each to shoot a short using a Sony PD170. We are using only one location (a small house). Each room has only one light (except the kitchen which has two). The dimensions for the rooms are:

~ Living Room - 5m X 5m

~ Kitchen - 8m X 4m

~ Bathroom - 3m X 3m

~ Bedrooms - 4m X 3m; 5m X 5m; 7m X 3m

We have no budget whatsoever.

I'm also wishing to give my short a green tone. So I'm wondering should I white balance on coloured paper.

Any suggestion will be very helpful.

If you want an overall green look you should white balance on a card of the opposite color, red or magenta. However in that case if you wanted white light you'd have to put some kind of red or magenta gel on the light; personally I'd rather white-balance normal and add the color by gelling lights green where needed. Playing with white-balance is very easy to test, just try it out and see if you like the look.

Lighting can be had on a budget, first try to borrow from wherever possible, and if that doesn't work make your own. You should definitely add light besides the 100w globe on the ceiling. Maybe some light motivated from outside a window could help?

I'm a student and my mates and I want each to shoot a short using a Sony PD170. We are using only one location (a small house). Each room has only one light (except the kitchen which has two). The dimensions for the rooms are:

~ Living Room - 5m X 5m

~ Kitchen - 8m X 4m

~ Bathroom - 3m X 3m

~ Bedrooms - 4m X 3m; 5m X 5m; 7m X 3m

We have no budget whatsoever.

I'm also wishing to give my short a green tone. So I'm wondering should I white balance on coloured paper.

Any suggestion will be very helpful.

what about a post production? you can add that green tone....

why going on only one solution when filming? what if you dont like it after you finish :) ? this way (shot on normal balance) you can do what u want :)