Comedy Short

miller mobley

On its own I honestly just thought it was silly, I was watching it and just thinking what the heck is the point?...its funny, but it goes nowhere and means nothing, I dont think comedy is an excuse for something to be pointless, Im sorry if that sounds overly harsh, it wasnt awful or anything it just didnt do it for me. It was filmed pretty decently, I'm not a big fan of the handheld thing but it worked, and cut together well...I think the acting was pretty good too. I could see it working as a swimwear spot or a spot of some sort...maybe for a pool or something, but on its own it was just so meaningless to me.

Edited by Jake Zalutsky

I dont think comedy is an excuse for something to be pointless

I thought it was hilarious, it had me laughing out loud several times. Great job.

It's not pointless, it makes a definite statement about the ridiculous nature of the world, where a thing which is acceptable in once scenario is unacceptable in another. It makes an observation of the world, laughs at it, and interprets it. What, did you want them to tie it in to the war in Iraq? Did you want them to pull it together and adress the state of health care or rally against abortion? I think the creators of this short have a great sense for what's funny and said something very important; if it does seem trivial it is because the short itself is saying that society is trivial in the same way.

- by the way, Miller have you seen "Mon Oncle?" it's a very funny French film which has much the same tone - its music is similar and it also uses a lot of visual gags.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for the comments guys. alot of the credit goes to my friend tripp crosby for writing and directing. if you want to see more visit dontbethatguy.com

I saw that you got the video featured on youtube, good job! :)

-Scott

• 2 weeks later...