wondering???

Guest piyush sharma

Guest piyush sharma

in dvcam say pd 150,or dvc pro(which use mini dv tape) if one shoot on dvcam format they record for about 40 min aprrox while when we use minidv for HDV shoot it record for complete 60+ min. why?hdv suppose to be better reoloution and as it shoot on 1080i with almost double resolution (comparison to 720 x 576 of normal mini dv SD) ,don't it take more space in tape?

REGARDS

PI

Guest piyush sharma

track pitch thats something new to me . thanks.

can u also tell me what cause hdv footage to be grainey or 'noisy' in ur terms?

as u rememebr i send u some stills and u suggested that footage is grainey . i did some test with ND on off and shutter speed and appurture ,but still not sure whats causing the footage to be grainey(i means whast science behind grains). is there any do's and don't of not making footage grainey.

could it be capturing?i am capturing using avid express pro and resloution it shows in capturing windw is HDV 1080i mxf .

i mean i have one samll mini dv cheap camcorder and while capturing any day light footage never shown any grains

no, i said it was noisy. grain is a film term. noise comes from the electronics in your camera, like the ccd and a/d converter. a well lit scene shot with the z1 typically shows very little noise, but if the image gained there could be some. gain is the same thing as amplification, and it amplifies the noise as well. are you 100% sure you're not gaining?

/matt

Guest piyush sharma

yaa my grain setting is on 0 db and in manual control i keep it off .yaa thats my main concern i can understand shot being low lit or less light but shows noise .specialy they are more visible in sky and water . like the two i send u. then later next day i tried to play around with shutter speed and apurture and then i notice things were batter . but i am still not sure what could be best setting for normal day light where we don't get any noice . and thing is with lcd screen i can hardly make out the noice but while duping fotage in my avid media express at many places they werevery apperent .