Greenscreen queries

sam phibbs

Hey Guys

I have some greenscreen questions about the HVX200 as I have my biggest job to date coming up and realize that it might just be pushing it too hard to use my DVX100B, already losing some sleep after extensive testing. I will be renting so I wont have a lot of time to test.

Here we go:

1. Thinking of shooting Cine V, Detail -3, Chroma +2, Master Ped -2 Matrix Normal, does this sound about right?

2. Will be shooting motion, fights etc. should I use higher shutter like 1/120 and add motion blur in post?

3. Will be monitoring in FCP what IRE should I light the greencreen of the studio at?

4. Will I have much trouble capturing 1080p25(im in pal land) directly into FCP 5.04 running on a G5 dual 2.5 with 3GB ram?

5. Lastly can the cam run a live down converted signal to my SD monitor for performance of the takes to be reviewed by the director as we shoot?

Thanks heaps for looking over my questions, I know there are a lot of them. You don't have to answer all of them!

Hey Guys

I have some greenscreen questions about the HVX200 as I have my biggest job to date coming up and realize that it might just be pushing it too hard to use my DVX100B, already losing some sleep after extensive testing. I will be renting so I wont have a lot of time to test.

Here we go:

1. Thinking of shooting Cine V, Detail -3, Chroma +2, Master Ped -2 Matrix Normal, does this sound about right?

2. Will be shooting motion, fights etc. should I use higher shutter like 1/120 and add motion blur in post?

3. Will be monitoring in FCP what IRE should I light the greencreen of the studio at?

4. Will I have much trouble capturing 1080p25(im in pal land) directly into FCP 5.04 running on a G5 dual 2.5 with 3GB ram?

5. Lastly can the cam run a live down converted signal to my SD monitor for performance of the takes to be reviewed by the director as we shoot?

Thanks heaps for looking over my questions, I know there are a lot of them. You don't have to answer all of them!

Camera settings look good....

I am not sure about capturing on the computer....

I know in NTSC land capturing on the computer

will add 3:2 pulldown which you must get

rid of when capturing.

You really want progressive footage at the end

of the day for best greenscreen captures.

The IRE of the greenscreen should be

at about 60% you want a nice flat line

on the waveform.

The HVX will spit out a signal for viewing

on an SD monitor...just be aware that the

set-up is not the same so don't adjust

or judge exposure from the SD monitor.

Hey thanks for the reply Mike, big fan of your work and company. There is no pulldown with direct capture in pal land it is 25p in a 50i stream. Was thinking 50 or 60 IRE, but I have heard from an expert as low as 35! Not gonna rely on monitor for exposure just framing and takes as I know they will be 2 different colour spaces. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.