brief winter shot, then brief spring shot

I want to do a silent film (so no sound crew) extended over a year, where I can shoot the same tree in winter, spring, summer, and fall, with actors around it, so it will show the passage of time. There is a wall directly behind the tree - it is set in an old prison - and the shots could be thirty seconds worth of final film for each "season." Most of the filming will be in summer, yet I want those shots of the tree to signify the seasons.

What kind of crew would i need for this idea? Again, there is no dialogue, and will be shot outdoors.

failing that, is there another way to show the passing seasons?

Thanks

Sorry, I should have added it is 35mm color

Edited by williameverett

Hello there,

I think you'd want to find a crew of students for this one. They'd get experience as well as you.

An example that I think of is Spider-Man, where they shot some of their principal photography with a dorky skinny Tobey Maguire for a few months, then cut production for a number of months, so he could work out vigourously to change his small appearance to one of strength.

You'd only have to shoot four days out of the year, which would please many of your crew, maybe a few more days, just in case.

Time-lapse would be too expensive, I think. However, if you show the environment around the tree: in the spring, budding flowers and medium-green grass. While in winter, you'll be showing snow, dead leaves, a naked tree. The surroundings of your talent can attribute to much of the 'change' you are looking for.

Best of luck with your production.