replaceing blown heads

Sam Javor

I came accross a DVCPRO deck with maybe blown maybe dirty heads for about $200 but I can't find any information on replacing heads and how much they cost. are all DVCPRO heads the same (within the DVCPRO25 catagory)? Can I replace the heads and not the drum? ...are they the same thing? :)

• Premium Member

I work in a service department, we mainly deal with sony equipment. I'll tell you now... it wont be cheap. Be very suspicious of good equipment at low prices, ask the current owner to take it to a panasonic authorized service station and tell them to check it out and give you a quote. Or just call them tell them what kind of problems it has and they should be able to give you a list of things that could be wrong with it.

Hi Guys

I too work for a service centre, although I mostly do consumer video & camera equipment. Like Elhanan said, you could probably call the authorised Panasonic Service Centre & if the actual problem is a faulty video head then they may be able to give you an estimate. Has the faulty head been diagnosed by a service centre or is that just what you think? (it could be a number of other problems...)

Although many service centres maybe reluctant to give you an estimate over the phone. "Site Un-seen" estimates usually upset the customer in the end as their diagnosis on the problem is usually different to what the actual problem is.

Also be aware that if you book it in for a quote, their is usually a quote fee payable if you dont proceed with the repair. This is especially true if its professional equipment too....