Test Bolex with 400ft magzine and MST motor footage!

Hau-Jou Chiou

• Premium Member

Nice work,

I like the angles you chose as well as the camera movement - the tripod pans were very smooth and the handheld work was well done.

Looks like you might of had some shutter problems - I noticed some vertical smearing on a few of the shots. Forgetting to close the pressure plate can cause that.

I already noticed the problem you said. The reason of that problem is the position between claw and shutter getting wrong, and I had repaired the problem, we will shoot more shots next week and will put the final version here, hope the camera is OK next time.

Nice work,

I like the angles you chose as well as the camera movement - the tripod pans were very smooth and the handheld work was well done.

Looks like you might of had some shutter problems - I noticed some vertical smearing on a few of the shots. Forgetting to close the pressure plate can cause that.

Very nice :) Really nice exposure. I think that's my favorite part of it (visually). I think there's one axis jump in there, but really beautiful image. Can't believe that's on a bolex. I have a buddy here with one and none of his stuff looks as professional as that. KEEN!

Thank you.

I just do some test before shooting, so I can realize the character of film and camera.

I just want to find out the possiblity of Bolex.

Very nice :) Really nice exposure. I think that's my favorite part of it (visually). I think there's one axis jump in there, but really beautiful image. Can't believe that's on a bolex. I have a buddy here with one and none of his stuff looks as professional as that. KEEN!