Krasnogorsk K3 lens question

Scott Cohen

Can you use a Kinor 10-100mm zoom on a Krasnogorsk K-3 16mm that has the bayonet mount?

Is the bayonet mount the same?

Thanks.

SC

I believe a member by the name of "stoop" had Olex Kalynychenko another member convert the lens for him. This may not be the fact, however here is a link to his music video post.

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...showtopic=13145

The bayonet may be the same but flange focal distance may be different.

Edited by Dennis Kisilyov

I believe a member by the name of "stoop" had Olex Kalynychenko another member convert the lens for him. This may not be the fact, however here is a link to his music video post.

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...showtopic=13145

The bayonet may be the same but flange focal distance may be different.

Would I be better off going with a M42 mount K-3?

I heard the 10-100mm Kinor lens was very, very good.

But I have heard good things about M42 lenses.

Here is a Super 16 K3 on ebay I'm thinking about bidding on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=320066315284

I guess the seller has sold a few. I contacted a previous buyer who bought one and loves it and says I should go with the M42 mount if I want to shoot Super 16.

Does the Kinor 10-100mm cover Super 16mm?

Thanks.

SC

I just recently got a K-3 M42, and I'll prob get another one with Bayonet, due to the fact that, M42 lenses that give nice coverage at 16mm crop factor are absent.

The Meteor zoom at 17mm looks like a slighly more than normal 50mm lens at 35mm through the k-3 viewfinder.

I attached a 28mm and 135mm SLR primes to it, 135mm feels like a telescope, def not for indoors (unless you have a HUGE house).

Most lenses of interest to myself w. the K-3 would sit in the 3.5mm to 100mm range due to the 16mm crop factor.

Yes there is a plethora of M42 lenses, but most are very long and slow, aside from a small fraction of "really rare/overpriced lenses" - I feel overpriced for the M42 format, remmeber these are not Zeiss Digiprimes you'll attach to this camera.

If you have a possibility to get a 7.5mm-75 or 10-100 OKS lens, I'd go that route. This is without saying that you would not be contented with Zeiss Jena Flektogon f2.8 on a M42 or a Peleng or Zenitar.

But they are all going to be slower than 1.9T.

For a Super 16 K-3 that listing is not that bad.

Edited by Dennis Kisilyov

I just recently got a K-3 M42, and I'll prob get another one with Bayonet, due to the fact that, M42 lenses that give nice coverage at 16mm crop factor are absent.

The Meteor zoom at 17mm looks like a slighly more than normal 50mm lens at 35mm through the k-3 viewfinder.

I attached a 28mm and 135mm SLR primes to it, 135mm feels like a telescope, def not for indoors (unless you have a HUGE house).

Most lenses of interest to myself w. the K-3 would sit in the 3.5mm to 100mm range due to the 16mm crop factor.

Yes there is a plethora of M42 lenses, but most are very long and slow, aside from a small fraction of "really rare/overpriced lenses" - I feel overpriced for the M42 format, remmeber these are not Zeiss Digiprimes you'll attach to this camera.

If you have a possibility to get a 7.5mm-75 or 10-100 OKS lens, I'd go that route. This is without saying that you would not be contented with Zeiss Jena Flektogon f2.8 on a M42 or a Peleng or Zenitar.

But they are all going to be slower than 1.9T.

For a Super 16 K-3 that listing is not that bad.

Thanks. I'll wait till the last moment and try to snag it.

SC

Can you use a Kinor 10-100mm zoom on a Krasnogorsk K-3 16mm that has the bayonet mount?

Is the bayonet mount the same?

Thanks.

SC

Yes, but it will need to be altered. Olex who often posts here can perform the alteration. The advantage of that lens is its relatively fast for a zoom (1.8T) and will go as wide as 10mm.

The standard K3 Meteor lens only goes down to 17mm, and when you consider a typical Super 16 primes kit will contain a 9.5mm, 12mm, 16mm, 25mm and 50mm you realise you are losing the wide and medium end of the focal length scale.

You can get stills lenses for the M42 mount K3s that will go as wide as 16mm, but being for 35mm stills they will tend to be quite slow, not giving you required f-stops of 1.4, 2, 2.8 that makes motion picture filming in limited light possible.

Personally if i was currently thinking about buying a K3 I would buy one with the bayonette mount as it would give you the option of the Kinor zoom lens plus the Krasnogorsk-1 12.5mm prime lens.

The issue of lenses is what stops the K3 being a genuinly great camera. In shooting you have to have the option of shooting with a wide, either to cover the scene in a limited space or to smooth handheld work.

Best of luck with it,

Andy

P.S. not convinced with that ebay sale - ask him whether the viewfinder was altered to show the extended super 16 frame and if the lens mount has been ajusted to avoid vignetting with the zoom.

Though have to admit i'm unconvinced by super 16 on the K3

The k3 isn't a great camera and the kinor lens isn't that sharp. It only opens to f2.8 and doesn't cover super 16

Yea my mistake, for some reason i wrote 1.8 instead of 2.8, which is still farely fast for a zoom.

I wouldn't say its a great camera either, but for someone to start shooting 16mm it can't be beat for its price and practicality. Its certainly a nice first step before you start renting sync 16mm cameras.