the science of sleep

marc laliberte else

• Premium Member

hello,

just watched the gondry film The science of sleep. Loved how raw the visuals were, fed the story perfectly but did not get to see the making of... Anyone know what they shot on? I have heard that shooting for him can very difficult (my gaffer in LA has been on a few of his video shoots), but that when it's all over it is worth it.

I think he is a very brave, unconventional filmmaker and derserves credit for his vision.

marc Laliberte Else

Hi Marc,

Good to see you on here. I 2nded for you when you were in Baltimore for the food network ad. Hope you've been well.

There's a thread from when the movie came out originally here: http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...cience+of+sleep

It was shot on mostly Eterna 8573 500T, and also used Fujji 8561 250D, Kodak 5245 50D, and, apparently for animation work, 5274 200T. Shot using Zeiss G.O./superspeeds, along with a 100mm canon macro. An Arricam LT was used because the sound recordist felt that the DPs preferred Aaton 35s were too noisy.

Hope you're well!

• Premium Member
Hi Marc,

Good to see you on here. I 2nded for you when you were in Baltimore for the food network ad. Hope you've been well.

There's a thread from when the movie came out originally here: http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...cience+of+sleep

It was shot on mostly Eterna 8573 500T, and also used Fujji 8561 250D, Kodak 5245 50D, and, apparently for animation work, 5274 200T. Shot using Zeiss G.O./superspeeds, along with a 100mm canon macro. An Arricam LT was used because the sound recordist felt that the DPs preferred Aaton 35s were too noisy.

Hope you're well!

hi mike,

thanks for that. Glad to hear from you.

mle