Advice please - Camera repair in Texas?

Ilya Stone

Here's a copy of an email I sent to the Konvas listgroup. Any help anyone can give would be most appreciated.

Hello all,

Just got my Konvas 2m and an OPF-18 anamorphic lens today in the mail. Both seemed to be in good shape. Unfortunately, I was fooling around with the zoom and the zoom ring of the lens made a dull "pook" sound, and now the zoom ring doesn't move the front elements. Something inside has popped loose. It seemed to be working perfectly prior to this.

Anyone have any ideas? Are there anyplaces in Texas I could take this to be looked at? I'm in the Austin area.

I'd open up the lens myself if need be...but I'd really rather do such in the presence of a professional.

Only slightly worried....but worried,

Ilya Stone

• 1 year later...
Here's a copy of an email I sent to the Konvas listgroup. Any help anyone can give would be most appreciated.

Hello all,

Just got my Konvas 2m and an OPF-18 anamorphic lens today in the mail. Both seemed to be in good shape. Unfortunately, I was fooling around with the zoom and the zoom ring of the lens made a dull "pook" sound, and now the zoom ring doesn't move the front elements. Something inside has popped loose. It seemed to be working perfectly prior to this.

Anyone have any ideas? Are there anyplaces in Texas I could take this to be looked at? I'm in the Austin area.

I'd open up the lens myself if need be...but I'd really rather do such in the presence of a professional.

Only slightly worried....but worried,

Ilya Stone

I'm in El Paso and I feel your pain. You could try Slow Motion Inc in L.A. I know he works on the cameras. I'm not sure if he does lenses but maybe he can recomend someone if not.

• 3 weeks later...