choosing a matte box

Hi,

For 16 and S16mm shooting, would you say a 4X4, two (one rotating) stages matte box would cover most situations?

Marc.

I think it depends on your style and shots. Think about what "most situations" entail for you.

I personally like having at least 3 stages with 2 rotating so I can use a Grad filter and a Polarizer simultaneously. Then a third for some kind of diffusion, ND or Color Correction. You have the option of renting screw-on filters for a specific job that go on the lens if 3 slots isnt enough for you.

I think it depends on your style and shots. Think about what "most situations" entail for you.

I personally like having at least 3 stages with 2 rotating so I can use a Grad filter and a Polarizer simultaneously. Then a third for some kind of diffusion, ND or Color Correction. You have the option of renting screw-on filters for a specific job that go on the lens if 3 slots isnt enough for you.

Thank you, Evan. By "most situations" I mean not being short on equipment each time the environment and natural light are not helping...

So I gather I should invest a little more and go with a three stage box from the start?

Regards,

Marc.