how many type of IIc

Jizhong Zhang

I saw a 80fps II c but how to Change the motor speed?? It don`t have adjustable shutter???and why the power supply adapter has three wires? and one can show me me how to connect? and I also want to know how many volt of the II c `s power supply? 12v? 24?

• Premium Member
I saw a 80fps II c but how to Change the motor speed?? ...........It don`t have adjustable shutter???and why the power supply adapter has three wires? and one can show me me how to connect? and I also want to know how many volt of the II c `s power supply? 12v? 24?

For 80fps you need an Arri Hi-Speed motor, the one with the external, round speed control box. The Cinema Electronics crystal motors will run 80fps also and I'm sure there are others available. Adjustable shutters are a fairly rare option on the IICV model. A 12 volt battery will drive the standard motors at 24fps but 16 volts is the actual rated voltage for the standard, variable speed handgrip and fixed speed motors. The Hi-Speed motor, the Tobin Crystal motor, and I believe the CE motor all require 24 volts. I can't help with the power supply adapter, many have had the plugs changed over the years, mine are set up for 4-pin XLR type plugs.

• 2 weeks later...
For 80fps you need an Arri Hi-Speed motor, the one with the external, round speed control box. The Cinema Electronics crystal motors will run 80fps also and I'm sure there are others available. Adjustable shutters are a fairly rare option on the IICV model. A 12 volt battery will drive the standard motors at 24fps but 16 volts is the actual rated voltage for the standard, variable speed handgrip and fixed speed motors. The Hi-Speed motor, the Tobin Crystal motor, and I believe the CE motor all require 24 volts. I can't help with the power supply adapter, many have had the plugs changed over the years, mine are set up for 4-pin XLR type plugs.

Thank you very much :)