Cheyenne Schatz

Lisa Davidson

Hi all,

I am just guessing that this is the right forum to post this in, because I saw this movie, Cheyenne Schatz, in 1968, I think, and I would guess that it was 16mm. It was one of the funniest things I had ever seen, and I especially remember it because I had to leave in the middle to go to work. I would really like to see the end of this movie (and all of it, actually). Does anyone know anything about this? I searched for the name and I think it is someone from the Steve Allen show, but this movie is about him in his garage, which is packed with the most amazing collection of stuff I've ever seen, and he has this deadpan humor way of showing it all to us. It deserves to be released again, or shown again, or whatever it is that happens.

Thank you.

Lisa

• 3 years later...

HI Lisa,

I don't know if you'll ever get this since your post is over three years old! Anyway, Cheyanne Schatz is alive and well and is in great health at almost 80 years old. There was a documentary on him, I think that was the movie you referred to, that showed his "art store" in California, where he sold art by the pound! I've seen his Steve Allen tapes and although the humor has changed, Bernard has not. He's still sending people up, every chance he gets and never lets on that he's doing it. I've worked with him directly for several years and had a blast watching him. Hope this helps a little! best, JoAnn

Hi all,

I am just guessing that this is the right forum to post this in, because I saw this movie, Cheyenne Schatz, in 1968, I think, and I would guess that it was 16mm. It was one of the funniest things I had ever seen, and I especially remember it because I had to leave in the middle to go to work. I would really like to see the end of this movie (and all of it, actually). Does anyone know anything about this? I searched for the name and I think it is someone from the Steve Allen show, but this movie is about him in his garage, which is packed with the most amazing collection of stuff I've ever seen, and he has this deadpan humor way of showing it all to us. It deserves to be released again, or shown again, or whatever it is that happens.

Thank you.

Lisa