Questions on my box of Vintage Camera Equipment

Devon Green

I picked up some vintage camera equipment today and need some help figuring out what some of the stuff is.

I have a number of filters from a company called ?Scheibe? and I think they may be from the 1960?s. Are these filters still useful or would the quality not be up to snuff?

I have a set of 1.570 inch filter retainers and a filter punch for cutting gels. What would this size be for? What would the retainers connect to?

I have a set of plastic filter trays with Panvision labels on them and the lable "SPH"

100mm SPH, 75 mm SPH, 50mm SPH, 28mm SPH, 35/40mm SPH, 28mm SPH

Are these for some obsolete matte box? What kind of filters do they hold?

Lastly, I have to camera lenses make by a Japanese company named Kowa, The lenses are calle d"Cine Prominar". One is 32mm and other is 40mm, I can?t seem to find any info on these. I'll want to sell them.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Hi I saw that you found some Kowa lenses. I have a 50mm (from Ebay) and I am looking to get some more, so wondering if you are still interested in selling these?

Best regards

Henrik

Lastly, I have to camera lenses make by a Japanese company named Kowa, The lenses are calle d"Cine Prominar". One is 32mm and other is 40mm, I can?t seem to find any info on these. I'll want to sell them.

Thanks!