16mm Workflow in final cut.

Matt Bizer

Ok, I have been editing video and hd in Final cut for pushing 8 years.

I have never worked on any film projects.

Here is where we start.. I need an Idea of how to even begin the work flow.

ok so we are getting dv dailies and the sound will all be on DAT tape to be captured as well.

do I need key code and such on the dailies?

this is where the edit begins. I am not sure where and when I sync sound, and or even how to continue on.

The project will go out from the edit, be teled again in HD with a colorist and then how do I get a final edit back together? what info do I send to the colorist to get these cuts corrected?

if anyone can just give me a step by step workflow or point me to some literature i would be ever so thankful.

-Matt

• Premium Member
Ok, I have been editing video and hd in Final cut for pushing 8 years.

I have never worked on any film projects.

Here is where we start.. I need an Idea of how to even begin the work flow.

ok so we are getting dv dailies and the sound will all be on DAT tape to be captured as well.

do I need key code and such on the dailies?

this is where the edit begins. I am not sure where and when I sync sound, and or even how to continue on.

The project will go out from the edit, be teled again in HD with a colorist and then how do I get a final edit back together? what info do I send to the colorist to get these cuts corrected?

if anyone can just give me a step by step workflow or point me to some literature i would be ever so thankful.

-Matt

what fps was the film shot at and tk'd at? whithout be a twat are you telling me that you have never synced sound in eight years of editing? will you be syncing with tc slate or clap? put simply if you are not doing a neg cut then it should be as simple as any commercial job where you regrade and in this instance keycode should no be necessary unless other departments demand it.

keith