CASI CASI - On HBO DVD May 15th!

Jaime Valles

Hello, all! I'm a long-time lurker here at Cinematography.com, and I just wanted to let you all know that my first feature film, CASI CASI, will be available on DVD from HBO Video beginning May 15th. It was shot with a very small crew using a DVX100 camera, and has been making a splash in a bunch of film festivals last year.

The DVD will have a feature-length audio commentary (which we recorded at HBO's studio in a very cool session!) as well as a making-of featurette. All you indie filmmakers will get a kick out of this movie, as well as the behind the scenes feature and the commentary. The DVD is now available for pre-order through our website:

www.casicasi.com

If you use the link on our website , you will be directed to the page on Amazon with our movie for sale. By using that specific link, we get an extra comission from Amazon, and you get their very low price (currently only $13.99!), so everybody wins!

Also, I should add that you can put it on your Netflix or Blockbuster cues! I'm sure you'll all get a kick out of it. You'll also be able to catch it on HBO television beginning in October, but you'll want to see the DVD because of all the making-of stuff.

Thanks for your support!

Edited by Jaime Valles

Thanks, Matthew! The festivals we attended usually accepted a Digibeta tape for digital projection. We made the tape at DuArt film labs in NYC, transfered from the finished cut from Quicktime files on a hard disk.

I have to say, the movie was projected on 25 - 30 foot screens in all of the festivals, and you wouldn't have known it was shot on MiniDV at SD resolution. It looked perfectly acceptable as an indie film. I think the quality of the projectors has a lot more to do with the movie looking good or bad on a big screen than the resolution of the footage. I was very impressed.