Buidling the reel

Hey guys I just finished shooting my first 3 projects as a DP and was wondering what people want to see in a DP's reel that really separates one from the other. Should I match the music to the style of film because one is drama and the other two are horror. Also is it bothersome if some of it is film and other is digital. Is there is time restriction I should follow?

Another thing I want to work on is a website.. is there a a particular template or things that are a must to be added to it besides contact info and portfolio work. I have a bunch of different genres that I've worked on should I separate them by the genre or combine them. I have other credits as well such as gaffer and director, should I have separate websites for each or just break it up in to different links on my main page?

Thank you for any advice you can give and if you have and personal examples i'd love to see them to get an idea.

Thank you again

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Here's how I did it.

www.readbroslighting.com

click on cinematography

The film reel is 3 years old and has several glaring mistakes:

Its way too long.

It has shots in the montage that are repeated later in the reel.

Some of the stuff is mundane.

My website is really too big as well (I'm redoing it as we speak) but it was a first attempt and I had a lot of stuff to put in it. In a couple of weeks it'll be different and much more directed. That said multiple sites can be time consuming to maintain.