Courage Under Fire

Hey does anyone know if Courge under Fire shot by Rodger Deakins, used bleach by pass or did he just over expose the hightlights? Also I'm noticing a lot of military films are using this technique. Is it because it gives it a sense of surealism and visually jarring?

Thanks for the responces.

Chris Walters

Hey does anyone know if Courge under Fire shot by Rodger Deakins, used bleach by pass or did he just over expose the hightlights? Also I'm noticing a lot of military films are using this technique. Is it because it gives it a sense of surealism and visually jarring?

Thanks for the responces.

Chris Walters

Sorry i can't spell it right on either the message or post lol

Courage Under Fire!!

Chris

Sorry i can't spell it right on either the message or post lol

Courage Under Fire!!

Chris

I think he overexposed the stock by two stops, pulled one stop in processing, and then printed the rest down. I may be mistaken but he describes his technique in the forum section of his website: www.rogerdeakins.com. You can go there and get it from the man himself.

Edited by Richard Vialet

I think he overexposed the stock by two stops, pulled one stop in processing, and then printed the rest down. I may be mistaken but he describes his technique in the forum section of his website: www.rogerdeakins.com. You can go there and get it from the man himself.

Great find Richard thank you very much for sharing that with me.

Chris