cineflex

Joseph Zizzo

• Premium Member
An interesting choice of name since it was already used for a knockoff of the Arriflex 35mm 2C film camera. lol

Actually it was a wartime knockoff of the Arriflex Model I, the German combat camera equivalent to our side's Eyemo. The IIC was a much improved successor, but basically the same layout. UCLA, about 30 - 40 years ago, had a Cineflex. I remember the motor mounting with a gib lock instead of screws.

-- J.S.

Actually it was a wartime knockoff of the Arriflex Model I, the German combat camera equivalent to our side's Eyemo. The IIC was a much improved successor, but basically the same layout. UCLA, about 30 - 40 years ago, had a Cineflex. I remember the motor mounting with a gib lock instead of screws.

-- J.S.

Yep, you are absolutly right. I've always tossed all the Arris of that design in to one pile. With the invention of the spinning mirror reflex they certianly changed the way cameras were built in the future. Eyemos though made it possible for the industry to have a disposable crash camera. lol

You use to be able to pickem up for about $25.00 apiece in the sixties. Even cheaper if you bought them by the crate load.