looking for cheap rentals

Can anyone give me the link to a rental house with the cheapest rates you know of?

The rental house also must be able to mail the equipment to anywhere in the US.

It's just hard for me to find good, inexpensive rental places

What kind of equipment? Are you looking for cameras? Are you looking for cranes? Are you looking for lighting?

Shipping grip and lighting equipment is very, very expensive. Are you sure that renting from a house more than 300 miles from you is really cost effective?

"Good" is difficult to determine as is "inexpensive". Wooden Nickel is cheaper than most here in L.A. - and their available equipment isn't as well maintained as other places.

Check LA411 and NY411 for hundreds of rental places.

• Premium Member

I agree with most of the above. Though I must say, Wooden Nickel's gear has come A LONG way in quality over the years. I've rented from every rental house from WN, Hollywood Rentals, and Paskal and honestly, WN's stuff is as good or better in a lot of cases. They are a good company, Brian is a good guy.

Kevin Zanit

That's good to hear, Kevin. I've known Brian for several years and I agree - he's a good guy who is always fair. I'm glad he's offering better maintained equipment these days. I have a show shooting in September - I think I'll give Wooden Nickel another try.