"A Bakery Story" s16mm short

Hello Everyone who has given me so much help in the past.

Shooting for my s16mm short "A Bakery Story" begins this Saturday which I have written and am directing as well as doing the DP work on. I have been fortunate enough to receive a great AC, camera OP, and GAFFER who will all make the task of all of these roles move much smoother.

I will keep all of you posted from beginning to end with storyboards, lighting set ups, frame grabs from dailies, post sessions with the colorist, and the final film.

I want to contribute a look into our experience every step of the way. Hopefully it will help others in their future projects as much as many of you have helped me.

you can see the Web site for our film to catch up @ www.abakerystory.com

more to come!

bakery-poster-1.jpg

Here are some select storyboards and location scouting stills for the film.

The location is Naegelin's Bakery and is the oldest continuously running bakery in the state of Texas.

sample-4.jpg

sample-3.jpg

sample-2.jpg

sample-1.jpg

outside.jpg

frontroom4.jpg

mixers.jpg

We are shooting on a s-16 modified Eclair with Zeiss Primes.

We are currently 4 days in. When I get a chance to breath I will get you guys some lighting set up shots and screen grabs!

Here is a first round of stills. The lab didnt reference the color chart for the 1 lights so I will just let you know that this is going to be warmer (early morning) from uncorrected tungsten vs the 5500k ambient we used.

much more to come as the dailies roll in.

41386.jpg

41393.jpg

41406.jpg