George Lucas comment

Brad Grimmett

I agree with Mr. Lucas's comment to the effect: Camerapersons should make the same income as the president of the US. So how many of you made more than GW last year?

Hey George every industry, sport etc has superstars and they all get paid the big bucks. I have, however, seen some very nicely photographed films made by Dp/Operators who did not make more than GW that year.

And how like the president we are: His love of power as motivation not his salary, just as we hopefully came into this business out of a love of making pictures and telling stories not because we thought this would be the biggest salary.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Friend

1. Hey!...Harry...who's this guy Lucas that everyone is talking about.

Harry

2. Oh!...yeah...he's a Hollywood producer you know...made a lot of

money doing special effects.

Friend

3. You mean Harry...he's made a lot of money using other peoples

money.

Harry

4. Yeah...I guess...he made fun of my plastic raincoat one time. I

was close to a pool...taping a guy inside a cabana.

Friend

5. oh!...yeah...Harry...did ya...did ya get mad Harry?

Harry

6. No...you know me...I respect everybody. it was just business.

Friend

7. Harry...lets put a bug in his parakeet...find out how to get rich...

capitalize on his ideas.

Guest Daniel J. Ashley-Smith
Who is this again? Its been a while since I watched Staw Wars  :unsure:

Princess Leia is the (princess believe it or not) main woman from the film. Lukes sister, but he or she doesn't know it until the end. Han Solo and her get together right at the end, they have a fancy for each other throughout the film.

Leader of the Rebels, she's like, the queen of England only the Princess of the Rebel army. (Only, 50 billion times better looking than the queen of England)

EDIT_

Princess Leia is good looking ok, but come-on Natalie Portman (Queen Amidala, until Ep. 3 when she marries that ass, what?s his name, oh, Christian something..) has got to be the favourite. (I had an obsession with her for like 5 years)

EDIT2_

Oh, saw "The Terminal". Well, looks like Spielberg has done it, yet AGAIN... Brilliant film, although they had some real light distortion from the windows. But who cares, great film.

Edited by ashleysmithd

• Premium Member

Haha... I'd watch what you say about Britney, her mother ran over a load of journalists.. Now just imagine what she?ll do to us lot :o

Strangely enough, I almost ran Britney over with my car last year. She used to live in my neighborhood and would walk around on Sunset sometimes. One day, I'm driving home, and this girl steps right out in front of me in the crosswalk. I slammed on the brakes, scaring her, and when she looked at me I realized who it was. She gave me the, "Sorry about that" wave, and I drove on.

Sorry to stray from the topic....just thought that was funny.

Guest Daniel J. Ashley-Smith
Haha... I'd watch what you say about Britney, her mother ran over a load of journalists.. Now just imagine what she?ll do to us lot  :o

Strangely enough, I almost ran Britney over with my car last year.  She used to live in my neighborhood and would walk around on Sunset sometimes.  One day, I'm driving home, and this girl steps right out in front of me in the crosswalk.  I slammed on the brakes, scaring her, and when she looked at me I realized who it was.  She gave me the, "Sorry about that" wave, and I drove on.

Sorry to stray from the topic....just thought that was funny.

Heheh.. Why the hell d'you break!? :(