Providing a video feed from a Z1P

Hi everybody!

My friends and I will be filming a hip hop show tomorrow night. We have hired HVR Z1P's to use. (A camera I have never used before!) The organisers have just called and asked me if I can provide a video feed off one of the cameras to their vision mixer so they can throw the image up onto some of the plasma screens that are scattered around the venue. They have told me they have aquired some component looms (20M BNC) with various adaptors to do the job.

Is this possible? I have no idea what I'm doing I'm afraid.

Help!

The camera comes (well it does on purchase, but everything should come with the rental) with cables for component out. On the camera the component out can be set to deliver an HD signal or a standard def signal that is either 16x9, 4x3 center cut extraction (the middle of the 16x9 frame) or 16x9 letterboxed within 4x3. It can send any of these while the camera shoots in HD. When the camera shoots in SD the options are the above noted SD signals. The connctions will be RCA male plugs, so you will likely need adapters to BNC with barrel conectors to make them female connections to which the looms may connect.