please help! 24p

Cristian T

Excuse my bad english!

I don't really know where to post this, if this is the wrong place please tell me!

I'm new in this world of cameras.

What's the real difference between 24p video and 24p film? I'm reffering to the cine look.

I heard if you want to shot 24p digital with your camera (e.g with AG-DVX100) still won't look like film.

I didn't find a complete explanation for that.

The motion of a movie shot in digital (24p) looks to be a little faster. Seems to have more "frames" than 24 for a newbie like me. A movie shot in 24p (digital) looks more realistic and faster than a film one. All motion look different.

Thank you!

Excuse my bad english!

I don't really know where to post this, if this is the wrong place please tell me!

I'm new in this world of cameras.

What's the real difference between 24p video and 24p film? I'm reffering to the cine look.

I heard if you want to shot 24p digital with your camera (e.g with AG-DVX100) still won't look like film.

I didn't find a complete explanation for that.

The motion of a movie shot in digital (24p) looks to be a little faster. Seems to have more "frames" than 24 for a newbie like me. A movie shot in 24p (digital) looks more realistic and faster than a film one. All motion look different.

Thank you!

umm well ya it won't look like film, the look will be the exact same as video, which is not film. But the motion should feel like film. I think the only difference is that with video, its always being watched on a 60hz screen, which never does the best job showing 24fps, wheras film is shown on a projector which actually projects 24 frames per second on a screen. Thats probably the differences your finding in the motion, but i bet if your transferred 24p video to film properly and projected it, it would look the same