Eyepiece Chamois

James Steven Beverly

• Premium Member

I like them, they make the viewfinder more comfortable. They do get pretty nasty quickly, which is why they are usually changed every day. If you are good about controlling who is looking through the eyepiece then eye infections are not a big issue.

• Premium Member

I like them too. They definitely help with comfort. Not sure about light leaks, but I suppose they probably help. There are generally only 3 or 4 people that ever look through the eyepiece, so eye infections are rare, but changing the chamois out every day is pretty standard since they do get nasty quickly.

• Premium Member
Nasty or not, they're much better than the rubber cup alone that gets sweat, face oil, dirt, and god knows what on it. ;)

There's nothing worse than a slippery eyepiece cup with sweat on it that's had time to cool, so it's cool and slippery when you put your eye to it. Ewww....

• Premium Member
There's nothing worse than a slippery eyepiece cup with sweat on it that's had time to cool, so it's cool and slippery when you put your eye to it. Ewww....

What I hate is when you can feel it stick a little bit when you pull your face away. Blech :blink:

hi-

the other thing that works pretty good in a pinch are those tennis wrist/sweat bands, they're even more comfy than chamois, and you can keep a bag of them with your other camera stuff.

and you can wear them around the set with your nylon shorts and leg warmers too.

• Premium Member
and you can wear them around the set with your nylon shorts and leg warmers too.

I never needed a wristband in order to wear nylon dolphin shorts and leg warmers! Standard set wear is standard set wear.....