Lenses or Camera Problem

LimHKim

Hi....

I realized that most lenses that mounted on the camera have some freeplay in between the lenses the the PL mount. Is it the problem from the camera, the lenses or the nature of the design. ? (The shoot was completed and the result was OK)

Guest Andy Sparaco

Some lenses (especially Arri standard mount) with PL mount adaptors will "rotate" in the adaptor if they are not afixed by set screws or locking rings. There should be no movement in any axis other then that exception. PL means "Positive Lock" or so I was told during a seminar at Panavision (Victor Duncan) in Detroit.

If you have movement you were very lucky anything was in focus at all or may have had one edge slightly soft-usually the top of the frame.

"Aftermarket" PL camera mounts are usually attached to the camera by screws which can loosen imperceptibly overtime.

Thanks guys,

Currently, the technician from the rental house said it causes by the lenses instead of the mount. We had an argument over this matter and thank God we didn't ended up beating each other. :D ...yet...i still not believed it causes be the lenses.