Shooting 7218 with 81A filter

Kevin Curtin

I'm shooting a short on 16mm using Vision2 500T. I'm lighting primarily with practicals, with bulbs that are CT 3020K. I'm also using a Mole Kit (300w and 650w) and a Kino Flo 4Bank with tungsten bulbs. I want to use an 81A filter to add that extra warmth, but am afraid it may be too warm. Obviously I'd want to do tests (I'm also considering pushing the film a stop or two, for contrast), but I'm not sure if I will be able to shoot tests. Has anyone shot under these circumstances before? Also, will it make a huge impact on an uncorrected HMI I may use to light the outside? (moonlight)

• Premium Member
I'm shooting a short on 16mm using Vision2 500T. I'm lighting primarily with practicals, with bulbs that are CT 3020K. I'm also using a Mole Kit (300w and 650w) and a Kino Flo 4Bank with tungsten bulbs. I want to use an 81A filter to add that extra warmth, but am afraid it may be too warm. Obviously I'd want to do tests (I'm also considering pushing the film a stop or two, for contrast), but I'm not sure if I will be able to shoot tests. Has anyone shot under these circumstances before? Also, will it make a huge impact on an uncorrected HMI I may use to light the outside? (moonlight)

If I were you, I would do without the filter. Those practicals will read a bit warm already.