Can anyone shed some light on this dim memory?

Douglas Wilkinson

Sometime around 1980/81, I snuck into a theatre with a friend and watched a very adult war film. I can recall only two scenes. One involved tanks (British, I think) rolling across a desert and crushing opponents (Arab resistance fighters, I believe) as they lay in ambush just under the sand. I vividly recall blood flying out of their mouths. The other scene involved the low-tech resistance fighters hurling bottle of lit petrol from a cliff onto a column of tanks and artillery.

Any ideas? I was six or seven. I should have been watching Mr. Mom or something.

Thanks.

dw

Sometime around 1980/81, I snuck into a theatre with a friend and watched a very adult war film. I can recall only two scenes. One involved tanks (British, I think) rolling across a desert and crushing opponents (Arab resistance fighters, I believe) as they lay in ambush just under the sand. I vividly recall blood flying out of their mouths. The other scene involved the low-tech resistance fighters hurling bottle of lit petrol from a cliff onto a column of tanks and artillery.

Any ideas? I was six or seven. I should have been watching Mr. Mom or something.

Thanks.

dw

Perhaps it was Lion of the Desert?