An Old Camera and New Negative Film

Guest Aaron Martin (TX)

Guest Aaron Martin (TX)

Hi --

I was wondering if anyone has had any trouble shoot negative super 8 cartridges with an Elmo 612S-XL?

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi --

I was wondering if anyone has had any trouble shoot negative super 8 cartridges with an Elmo 612S-XL?

Thanks,

Aaron

You mean trouble with it jamming? Take the cart out, give it a slap or two on one or both sides, push a little film through, take it up by hand, [it should not resist too much], and re-insert.

Or do you mean trouble with how the exp meter reads it? That doesn't matter; you need to shoot a bracketed test roll and compensate based on the look you're after. Finally, we have latitude!

Manual exposure is of the essence...

Mitch

Guest Aaron Martin (TX)
You mean trouble with it jamming? Take the cart out, give it a slap or two on one or both sides, push a little film through, take it up by hand, [it should not resist too much], and re-insert.

I should have been more specific. I meant either problems with having the film jam or the motor not being strong enough to pull the film through the gate.

Aaron

I should have been more specific. I meant either problems with having the film jam or the motor not being strong enough to pull the film through the gate.

Aaron

A 1012xls was presented to me for repair which had begun slowing, then making a "gallumping" sound, then ground to a halt. Pretty sure the motor had burned out.

However my Nikon Superzoom 8s also sometimes slow and stop, but the cart-slap always works.

Mitch