Broken Scoopic...

henry jameson

hi, yesterday i finally managed to recell the battery pack of my Canon Scoopic.

Everything seems to work, auto expose works (is it normal to be quite noisy when changing aperture?). Set fps to 16 and pressing the button it seems to be running, but when i tried to load the film i found out that nothing turns in the film compartment... it just makes noise but no movement at all.

Anybody can tell me where can i send it in Europe to be checked and what could be an estimated cost ? i'm not sure if it's worth it at this point..... :angry:

hi, yesterday i finally managed to recell the battery pack of my Canon Scoopic.

Everything seems to work, auto expose works (is it normal to be quite noisy when changing aperture?). Set fps to 16 and pressing the button it seems to be running, but when i tried to load the film i found out that nothing turns in the film compartment... it just makes noise but no movement at all.

Anybody can tell me where can i send it in Europe to be checked and what could be an estimated cost ? i'm not sure if it's worth it at this point..... :angry:

Hi Henry. Try turning the black knob inside of the film compartment as you hold down the run button. Also sometimes the motors move a bit (shift because the screws that hold the bracket become loose) and this causes jamming. Im not an expert, but ive done minor repairs in the gear box and ive adjusted the motor position easily and this helped with mine which now runs perfectly.

Also make sure the single exposure button is disengaged (if it has one).

stephen

Hi Henry. Try turning the black knob inside of the film compartment as you hold down the run button.

what black knob do you mean ? here's a pic from the 16M manual

scoop-film.jpg

>>Also make sure the single exposure button is disengaged (if it has one).

it doesn't have single exposure... it's just as if the motor isn't connected to anything.... seems like a broken sprocket/gear.....

ok i managed to get things moving. Somehow the film guide was in an intermediate position. After playing around a bit i got things moving. I managed to load the film, but had to remove the pressure plate cos it always got stuck. After the film has been thread and wound on take up reel i put back on pressure plate and everything seems fine. Took some shots yesterday and film counter is advancing, so it should be working...