New Reel And Website

Jamie Warden

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate it if you had a minute and would be so kind as to critique my new website and the narrative reel I put together on there:

www.evanjwarden.com

I'm really just getting started, so it can only go up from here. Thanks for the input!!

I like the layout of the site, the way you include a little bit of info about what will be on each page. I'm not sold on the solid black background. It's kind of dark, don't you think???

As for the reel, it's too long. There are better shots and worse shots. Cut out the worse shots, even if that leaves with only a 90 sec reel. I would ditch the exterior rack focus that looks like you shot it on an eng lens ... I would move up the music video and other fine grained footage, as well as the high contrast black and white stuff.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the comments, Jon! I'm thinking about changing that black background...not even so much that it's dark, but just because it's kinda boring :D

Also, I think you're right about the length. I haven't shot a whole lot of narrative stuff yet, so I should probably focus on the strong stuff I have shot, rather than stretch it out.

Thanks again!