Wireless Remote Display

Hi

I am due to start a picture in Hamburg in about 4 weeks time (as 1st AD) and I am looking to source a wireless screen to be able watch/block/cue background action without needing to trapse back to "video village" or breathing down the 1 AC's neck using the on board focus monitor. I'm keen to find a system that is low impact in terms of the work it requires to hook up (as not to get up the ACs noses) but has a robust enough signal to be able to work a healthy distance from the transmitter. I have heard of a system in use on ER that sends a signal to a number of wrist worn devices (but I don't know whether this is an AD shaggy dog story !)

Any pointers greatfully received.

Gareth Unwin

A company in Canada called Lentiquip (not sure if I spelled that right) makes a small video transmitter. Mount this to the back of the camera and feed it a standard def. composite video signal. It will broadcast to a channel on the UHF band. Then buy a small LCD TV with built in tuner such as the Camos 7" offered at nebtek.com and you have a simple wireless system.

Since you will be in Hamburg you must make sure that the system you use will work in PAL as opposed to NTSC. Some do both.