New reel - Looking for comments...or jobs! :-)

Hi everybody, this is my first post on this forum, even though I've been reading it for quite a while...

I'm posting a link to my first official reel- it's been one year since I've finished school and have been working as a DP on music videos and shorts, and I finally decided it was time for me to show people my work...

So here it is, I'd like to have your comments and criticism...

http://homepage.mac.com/darkklord/DOP.mov

Thanks,

Vincent Biron

Hi everybody, this is my first post on this forum, even though I've been reading it for quite a while...

I'm posting a link to my first official reel- it's been one year since I've finished school and have been working as a DP on music videos and shorts, and I finally decided it was time for me to show people my work...

So here it is, I'd like to have your comments and criticism...

http://homepage.mac.com/darkklord/DOP.mov

Thanks,

Vincent Biron

Looks good! It might be a bit too long, I think you can tighten it a little, as somebody said here before, your reel is just as good as your worst shot.

Looks good! It might be a bit too long, I think you can tighten it a little, as somebody said here before, your reel is just as good as your worst shot.

Thanks Emile... Actually, you're totally right.... I'm gonne cut that up as if I didn't shoot any of it....

I don't understand your response, you asked for comments and criticism.

What I meant is that since I edited my reel myself, maybe I was little indulgent, leaving in shots that didn't need to be there... I'm gonna shorten it up, as you suggested.... Sorry for the confusion. :-)

What I meant is that since I edited my reel myself, maybe I was little indulgent, leaving in shots that didn't need to be there... I'm gonna shorten it up, as you suggested.... Sorry for the confusion. :-)

oh, ok, no worries :) I'm sorry for misunderstanding you too.

Edited by Emile Rafael

The demo reel feels like you tried to add every project you've done, rather than display your talent as a DP.

Keep in mind this is your "portfolio" reel.

But from what I see, your work is impressive. I would like to see it if you re-edit it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Very nice. I also feel that my reel is too long. But my feeling was to make a music video out of it and the song is two and a half minutes long. I liked yours a great deal. COOL MAN! :)

Thanks Nicholas! I will be posting an updated version very soon... As for your reel, it's pretty sweet as well, especially the B/W stuff... Maybe a little bit long... Maybe you could edit the song down to two minutes?

V.