Pathe Webo 16 M. Shutter timing issue. Help!

Richard Tuohy

So I have a pathe webo m 16. Nice old thing. Easy to take the front of the camera body off. With the front of the body comes the claw mechanism and the pressure plate and the shutter. As I say, easy to pull off. Harder to get the shutter and the claw in the right spot again when you put the front back on again. So that is where i am at. The front goes on again, but now the shutter and claw are miss timed such that there is a slight smearing of the image. Bugger. I have tinkered with it for ages trying to find just the right spot to align the shutter and claw, but I haven't got it right yet. There must be a simple fact to the matter: something like 'have the shutter blade fully this way or partly that way and the claw cam thingy in such and such a precise spot ...'. Help please!

cheers,

Richard

So I have a pathe webo m 16. Nice old thing. Easy to take the front of the camera body off. With the front of the body comes the claw mechanism and the pressure plate and the shutter. As I say, easy to pull off. Harder to get the shutter and the claw in the right spot again when you put the front back on again. So that is where i am at. The front goes on again, but now the shutter and claw are miss timed such that there is a slight smearing of the image. Bugger. I have tinkered with it for ages trying to find just the right spot to align the shutter and claw, but I haven't got it right yet. There must be a simple fact to the matter: something like 'have the shutter blade fully this way or partly that way and the claw cam thingy in such and such a precise spot ...'. Help please!

cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard

This is the chap you need to speak to

http://www.webodoctor.co.uk/index.htm

Don