XL 1 30p to 24p

clyde villegas

In order to shoot 30p using an XL1, I use the FRAME mode which basically interpolates the fields to achieve progressive. Using Premiere Pro 2 to create 24p, I simply drop the 30p footage (I shot with the XL1) to a 24p timeline. However, I notice some artifacting doing this method. Am I doing things correctly? Or is it because I need to replace my computer (P4 3gig hyperthreading; 1 gig ram)? Thanks.

Clyde,

I don't think you can import 30p (Frame Mode) into a 24p timeline as is. Anytime I shoot 30p on the XL's I use it in a 29.97 timeline (even when shooting "24p" mode on the XL-2). Are you trying to do this because you need to mix 30p and existing 24p footage?

-Jeff Clegg

Hudson, NH

Nope. I'm doing it because I want the cadence of 24 frames per second. All footages were shot with the XL1 (29.97) on frame mode. I tried to drop it in the 24p timeline and it worked... except that I'm having those artifacts. I was told before that if I do that, Premiere (or After Effects) will convert 30 to 24 automatically. Thanks Jeff.