DIY mattebox with guide rails

Have you tried searching first?

Yes, but the ones I saw on the first few pages of the search engines look like cardboard and dont' look anything like a real mattebox. Also, they don't have guide rods. Of course, I'm not trying to look for a real professional stuff, otherwise, I'll just buy a real one. It's just that the DIY projects I saw were not good enough. Thanks.

• Premium Member
Yes, but the ones I saw on the first few pages of the search engines look like cardboard and dont' look anything like a real mattebox. Also, they don't have guide rods. Of course, I'm not trying to look for a real professional stuff, otherwise, I'll just buy a real one. It's just that the DIY projects I saw were not good enough. Thanks.

Have a look at indiefocus' rods to give you a good start at a DIY mattebox. I haven't seen their rods and mounts in person but I've heard they're not bad for the price AND they'll take anything back if you can't use it. They say they have a 15% restock charge but if you can probably negotiate a deal to get a free look at them if you don't install anything.

http://indifocus.com/products_indirailspro.htm

As 100% make-it-yourself jobs, those are pretty much the only ones I've seen.

However you can cobble together a cheaper system using pro components bought cheaply here & there.

• 2 weeks later...