HDX900 - 24P question

Adrian Correia

Hey guys...some confusion between myself and post has me a little flustered. Ever think about something for too long so you begin to forget anything you thought you knew? That's where I am.

So, shooting on the HDX900 tomorrow...interview subject...producer wants 720P 59.94 (29.97 for broadcast) - but 24P filmlook.

So I should just shoot 24P mode 720P/59.94 and the tape will record 29.97 and then everything is about the import, right....please bear in mind that I am not post on this. Please help me clear my brain boys....

• Premium Member
Hey guys...some confusion between myself and post has me a little flustered. Ever think about something for too long so you begin to forget anything you thought you knew? That's where I am.

So, shooting on the HDX900 tomorrow...interview subject...producer wants 720P 59.94 (29.97 for broadcast) - but 24P filmlook.

So I should just shoot 24P mode 720P/59.94 and the tape will record 29.97 and then everything is about the import, right....please bear in mind that I am not post on this. Please help me clear my brain boys....

Set camera mode to 720 / 24p, set SYSTEM FREQ to 59.94. This will give you 24P (23.976) look pulled down to 60P (59.94), which is ideal for downconverting to NTSC.

Also, not all camera people are "boys"...

J