the look of Black Hawk Down

tanner wolfe

i am not able to get my hands on the issue of ac concerning the making of Black Hawk Down. can anyone give me a break down of Idziak's choices in regards to process (bleach-bypass ??), filtration, and stock. i'm getting the movie tonight and would appreciate some feedback on these issues.

tanner

• Premium Member

Idziak is a notorious filter user. He's even got his own sets specially made for him. And he uses elaborate color grad's in inventive ways - even indoors. He also clips out little pieces of colored gels that he attaches to fish nets and lights through, creating interesting and broken up colored patterns etc. H'e very inventive and many of Black Hawk Down's nights scenes and interiors shows off his eclectic style.

Idziak is a notorious filter user. He's even got his own sets specially made for him. And he uses elaborate color grad's in inventive ways - even indoors. He also clips out little pieces of colored gels that he attaches to fish nets and lights through, creating interesting and broken up colored patterns etc. H'e very inventive and many of Black Hawk Down's nights scenes and interiors shows off his eclectic style.

Hi ,

Thanks for the information! i saw it recently ,beautiful .I also felt that the image was filtered but what about bleach bypass ? Did he used any ?How do you manage to make such of a contrasted,dramatic image in day exteriors ,i know they use black fill or is it in post production ?