My 1st green screen shoot "Emerald City"

A few days ago I shot green screen for the first time ever and I figured I'd share my experience. I read lots of stuff and talked to people who had done it before and even had the compositor there but all that is nothing compared to actually doing it, which turned out to not be that hard at all. I lit the green screen first, then turned those lights off then lit the subject separately. The space was 25 x 25 x 30 or so (should be clear from looking at the pictures) and I wound up using around 13,000 watts of lights. On the the green screen I had two 2000k Mole Richardson Super Softlites, four 1500w spacelights for both subject and greenscreen and for the subject, two Barwell & Mcalister 1000w w/ 216, a Lowel 500w w/216 Omni as a kicker and a Lowel 250w w/201 Pro light as a key. The compositor is working on the composite right now but has expressed his approval. Of course we goofed off once we were finished and had some fun at the end hence the pictures of the four of us :-)

post-30530-1200698304.jpg

post-30530-1200698315.jpg

post-30530-1200698324.jpg

post-30530-1200698332.jpg

Edited by Tommy Oliver

Thanks - it was a video shoot but since we had our still photographer on hand we took a few fun pictures afterwards. The guy in the brown sweatshirt was the only thing we were actually shooting. I will try to post a few screen grabs from the capture and as soon as the composite is done, I'll post that as well.

-tommy

www.tommyoliver.com