Feature Trailer

Cole Webley

I shot this feature last summer, here is an un-official trailer. The title is Dragon Hunter - total genre pic - my first feature. It was a lot of fun, I didn't understand the genre at first because I'm not a dragon fantasy fan but it was interesting to say the least. Worked with a fun director, we did our best with what we had. Shot on Super 35mm - w/ SAG actors for around $70k. There is no dragon in this trailer because the composite work isn't done. Titles and sounds/music are temp., etc. At least you can get an idea of what we did. Like I said, it was a lot of fun. My first feature and hopefully more to come.

Let me know what you think. Oh yeah, the footage has only seen a one-light. We are straight to DVD, so we transfered to HD Cam SR, I think the footage here was pulled from the Mini DVs they sent the director to cut from.

If you have any questions about production fill free to ask.

For the record, the titles are so cheesy - but the director is going to change them....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1XpVzoFGJc

• Premium Member
I shot this feature last summer, here is an un-official trailer. The title is Dragon Hunter - total genre pic - my first feature. It was a lot of fun, I didn't understand the genre at first because I'm not a dragon fantasy fan but it was interesting to say the least. Worked with a fun director, we did our best with what we had. Shot on Super 35mm - w/ SAG actors for around $70k. There is no dragon in this trailer because the composite work isn't done. Titles and sounds/music are temp., etc. At least you can get an idea of what we did. Like I said, it was a lot of fun. My first feature and hopefully more to come.

Let me know what you think. Oh yeah, the footage has only seen a one-light. We are straight to DVD, so we transfered to HD Cam SR, I think the footage here was pulled from the Mini DVs they sent the director to cut from.

If you have any questions about production fill free to ask.

For the record, the titles are so cheesy - but the director is going to change them....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1XpVzoFGJc

Nice work, Cole! I remember you posting about this shoot last summer. What kind of color correction are you planning on doing? I imagine you're going add a lot more contrast back into the image and pump up the chroma. It should look really good after that. It's too bad the CG dragon isn't done yet - a movie with "dragon" in the title really needs one in the trailer! Let us know when it gets released, I'd like to check it out.

* I AM a dragon fantasy geek BTW (or was back in middle school) and I can tell you even the mega budget Hollywood films have a hard time getting the genre right, so kudos to you guys for even attempting it.

Edited by Satsuki Murashige