Feedback on website

Marc Levy

Hey all,

So I'm not getting as many responses as I have in the past from my online replies to job postings. I'm now beginning to think, hmmm, maybe there's something I need to change. I usually provide the job lead a link to my website, and then let them pick what to watch. It is below:

www.marclevycine.com

Any feedback on my website, reel, or montages, or thoughts on how to modify my presentation would be welcome and appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Marc

You have some really beautiful stuff on your website. Great job. I enjoyed everything that I saw and it is obvious that you are very skilled, so I don't think the problem is in the work itself, but instead perhaps the way that it is presented. A simple style probably is best when presenting your portfolio, as it allows the viewer to concentrate on the imagery at hand, so I like that aspect of your site too, although I felt the lay out could be a little more stylish- The big thing, however, is that I found the site annoying to navigate. Having to hit the back button between each image/ reel was the problem for me. Your work is very slick and professional looking, but the website could be stepped up, as I find it doesn't match your level of work. If there was a way you could view each selection and still have the main menu for that category present on every page I think the over all experience of your website would be much smoother and pleasing to pilot. Hope this is helpful and keep up the great work!

-oh and just curious if the Stella spot is the final cut or something you put together, showing your favorite images from that shoot? Love the full shot of her with the candles in the FG.

Scott,

Thanks for the great feedback. I never really thought of the navigability in the sense you pointed out. I will definitely try to modify my website so that when one is watching one reel, they will see the options for the other reels on the same page - great point.

Regarding the Stella commercial, the one on my website is the final cut "long version" I received from the Director. There is a short version as well.

Cheers