Programs for Camera Notes on PDAs

I have heard talk about being able to load a program on your PDA, with which you can record your Camera Notes Digitally, and load the data into an Excel Spreadsheet when you get home. Wondering if anyone has worked with this system and how successful it has been? Also wanted to know where the program was available?

Cheers,

Michael.

The software I used to use was called Eubank's Log, and could be found at davideubank.com. It's great software, and really handy to have all of your notes electronically stored, but ultimately I decided that I like taking notes by hand better (especially when sending film to a lab -- for me carbon copies still beat moving files and printing).

The program needs the HanDBase app to run, since its built off of its spreadsheet architecture. If I remember correctly, Eubank's Log is free, but HanDBase costs ~$30.

Also check out David Eubank's awesome pCine and pCalc apps -- more essential to the Palm-wielding AC than the electronic logbook, IMHO.

As a disclaimer -- while I loved Eubank's Log, I was less enamored with the way HanDBase handled file transfer to my Mac (and eventually to Excel). I remember losing some important notes because HDB wrote over the files upon transfer. Be sure to get your sync down before you employ this on a shoot.