Help fixing Leicina Super RT1

henry jameson

Hi all. I recently got a second Leicina Super for cheap from Ebay, and despite being described as fully functional, when i power it up i can hear a 'click' from inside and the LED that means open shutter keep staying on and nothing happens if I press trigger. Auto iris doesn't work either, only thing working is the zoom.

So i dediced to try to open it to see if something is jammed... but i can't manage to get it opened... i now have it half opened and can't even get it back together.

I removed the 3 hex screws on the bottom where tripod attachment is, i removed screw in battery compartment. The bottom is starting to open, but there is still something on top that's keeping the 2 parts together and i can't figure out what it is. The smaller side on the right (where filter and exposure compensation knobs are) is open on the bottom part but something on top is still holding it, and i can't put it back in cos the knobs won't insert...

Tried to search on the net but there is only info on the Leicina Special that is quite different.

Anyone ever managed to open a it ?

thanks.

Update. Thanks to a user in other forum who had already opened a Leicina Super i found out you need to remove the zoom rocker switch. Under that there are 2 screws. Between the Power zoom button and Iris stop buttons there is an adhesive plate that must be removed with a cutter/knife and there are other 2 screws. Now both sides are out.

- On the right side you have access to Iris gears . I moved them by hand and was able to go from open to close without problems so there is nothing mechanical blocking it.

- On the left side you can just about get at the shutter disk. I tried moving it by hand and manage to get a 150° movement, then it just jams in both directions... so i haven't resolved anything yet....