Kinor 16cx-2m video tap/matte box

Lee Young

I've been working on my kinor for a few weeks. I've been trying to make a more sophisticated version of the cctv video tap system. So far, I've bought this LG portable dvd player with a video in. I then bought two super clamps and a super clamp flexi arm. This system works wonderfully. The superclamp attaches to the extended viewfinder, then the flexiarm goes into the other super clamp which is clamped into the dvd player. This allows me to put the screen wherever I like it, just like the professional ones. The last bullet camera I bought was too big. It also had a 3.6mm lens. The one I just bought will definitly fit in the viewfinder, but it also has a 3.6mm lens. Will this be too wide. This is the camera. If it is too wide, can I put another lens on it?

Also, I'm working on a DIY matte box. I'm thinking of buying support rods and then buying large format bellows to use as the matte box. Will this work? It seems like the same material. If not, I saw James Westbrook's Lee Filters Matte Box. Does anyone have any information on how to go about doing that?