EW/QL Pro XP Library

Matthew R Rodwell

Anyone try the EWQL Pro XP expansion for Symphonic Orchestra Platinum yet? Just wondering if they made any improvements on their samples, the inital release was good but still no compairison to the Vienna Symphoic Library. I am ordering the EastWest Symphonic Choirs so I might go ahead and bundle it together if their samples sound better on the expansion.

http://www.soundsonline.com/EWQLSO-Platinu...-EW-155PRO.html

Anyone try the EWQL Pro XP expansion for Symphonic Orchestra Platinum yet? Just wondering if they made any improvements on their samples, the inital release was good but still no compairison to the Vienna Symphoic Library. I am ordering the EastWest Symphonic Choirs so I might go ahead and bundle it together if their samples sound better on the expansion.

http://www.soundsonline.com/EWQLSO-Platinu...-EW-155PRO.html

I got the xp expansion for the gold symphonic orchestra. As well as the symph choirs with wordbuilder, RA and the bosendorfer this week. So far I have not had a lot of time to play with it yet as I am in the middle of 2 projects and I am going to dig in this next weekend. But the little bit I heard sounds pretty nice! No it is not the VSL, which I have the VSL full pro edition (pre Vienna Instruments) as well as the EmulatorX orchestral libraries. But with every library and sound module out there, there are strong and weak points to each. Having extra sounds to work with is a great luxury, and I think my purchase of the East West libraries is a solid one that will get many miles of use from :) I will report more as I play with the EW stuff next week

OK I have played with is some more... the main negative is all the sounds are wet already, so there is no way to mix them in with other sounds, you have to take other sounds and mix them to your EW libraries. This is a pretty severe limitation IMO. I will probably stick with my VSL libraries mostly and add in EQSOL rarely only